The project, the second location in the NoMad chain, converted the former Los Angeles offices of the Bank of Italy at 7th and Olive Streets into 241 guest rooms, as well as ground-floor retail space and amenities such as a fitness center, meeting rooms, and a rooftop pool.
Built in 1922, the building was designed by Morgan, Walls & Clements, and was known for its high-quality interior finishes and ornate fixtures. KFA Architecture designed the hotel conversion.
The NoMad is the second Downtown development for Sydell, following the conversion of the nearby Commercial Exchange Building into a Freehand Hotel.
- NoMad Los Angeles Archive (Urbanize LA)