An environmental report published by the Los Angeles Department of City Planning (LADCP) has revealed new details about Soho Warehouse, the highly anticipated Arts District expansion of Soho House.
The new outpost - scheduled to open in 2016 - will occupy a six-story, 100-year-old former warehouse at 1000 S. Santa Fe Avenue.
According to LADCP records, the private club will feature the following amenities:
- Basement: 1,529-square-foot, 71-seat music performance room.
- Ground level: 13,865-square foot, 800-seat public market, restaurant, bar and backyard area.
- Second floor: 2,925-square-foot, 39-seat spa and salon.
- Third floor: 3,868-square-foot, 10-seat gym area and flexible event space.
- Fourth floor: 16 hotel rooms.
- Fifth floor: 955-square-foot, 39-seat film screening room.
- Sixth floor: 5,942-square-foot, 267-seat club, music room, restaurant and bar.
- Roof level: 3,352-square-foot, 197-seat pool terrace, lounge and bar; 771-square-foot, 49-seat observation deck and lounge.
Soho Warehouse requires multiple discretionary approvals from the City of Los Angeles, including a conditional use permit for alcohol sales and a zone variance for parking.
- ENV-2015-1311-MND (LADCP)
- Soho House to Launch Second LA Outpost in Downtown's Arts District (Hollywood Reporter)
- Soho House Looking to Open in 100-Year-Old Arts District Building (Downtown News)