The $150-million development, a joint venture between The Ratkovich Company and Jerico Development, will include a mix of shops and restaurants flanking a 30-foot-wide waterfront promenade. Proposed offerings include:
- a food hall;
- a 6,000-seat waterfront amphitheater;
- 600 feet of courtesy slips and pedestrian paths;
- container kitchens surrounded by outdoor garden;
- playgrounds and recreation areas; and
- waterfront taxis and cruises.
The development team announced $30 million in equity financing for the market earlier this year, and expects to break ground in February 2020. Completion of the project's first phase could occur as early as 2021, with a second phase set to break ground afterward.
The project could be augmented by another waterfront destination: the Battleship Iowa. The warship turned museum, located at the Port of Los Angeles since 2012, is slated for a $19-million renovation and expansion, accompanied by a relocation slightly south, adjacent to the San Pedro Public Market.
- San Pedro Public Market (Urbanize LA)