Toy manufacturer Mattel, Inc. has begun laying the groundwork for an expansion of its El Segundo headquarters.
Under a proposed specific plan, a full buildout of the 12.5-acre campus at Continental Boulevard and Grand Avenue would result in approximately 445,000 square feet of new development. Major elements of the project include:
- A 14-story, 328,000-square-foot tower at 455 Continental Boulevard, dedicated to office space, design and development.
- An adjoining eight-story parking garage at 455 Continental Boulevard.
- Demolition of an existing building at 1955 Grand Avenue, followed by the construction of a six-story building with 174,000 square feet of office space and surface parking lot.
A representative of Mattel confirmed that the company is currently conducting an environmental review process with the City of El Segundo, but has no imminent plans to begin construction of an expansion.
Mattel had previously pursued the construction of a more ambitious master plan for its headquarters, although most elements of the project were never realized.
- Notice of Preparation: Continental Grand Campus Specific Plan (City of El Segundo)
- El Segundo Archive (Urbanize LA)