MyFigueroa, the $20-million streetscape improvement project running between between Downtown Los Angeles and Exposition Park, is currently on track for completion in September.
A construction schedule posted to the official MyFigueroa website indicates that work is expected to conclude in mid-September for both the 11th Street and Figueroa Street segments of the project. However, inclement weather or construction of nearby developments could potentially delay this timeline.
At completion MyFigueroa will create a variety of improvements for pedestrians and cyclists including:
- On-street protected bike lanes
- Separate bike signal heads
- Bike boxes at intersections
- Peak-hour bus-only lanes down Figueroa
- Expanded sidewalks
- New seating and landscaping
- Improved street lighting
- High-visibility crosswalk
- Island bus platforms
The project will eventually overlap with a similar upgrade planned for the 7th Street corridor, as well as the proposed Downtown Streetcar.
- MyFigueroa Archive (Urbanize LA)