The Urban Land Institute (ULI) Los Angeles will hold its annual Urban Marketplace conference and expo on Wednesday, Aril 12 from 7:15 am to 12:00 pm at the Reef, a nexus of creative spaces located at 1933 South Broadway in DOwntown Los Angeles. Urban Marketplaces convenes enegaged leaders who contribute to the vitality of Los Angeles' urban fabric.
The 2017 event, titled "Make a Deal, Make a Difference" and themed "Meet LA's Urban Pioneers: Revitalizing Los Angeles Today," will bring thinkers in urban design and innovators of the built environment together with an audience of professionals from all sides of the design and development industries. Urban Marketplace also attracts the urban leaders, municipal officials, investors and other stakeholders in urban development and redevelopment projects throughout Los Angeles County. The focus is on promoting real estate investment opportunities and development strategies for lower-income neighborhoods in LA.
Urban Marketplace offers industry professionals a once-a-year opportunity to forge new and lasting business relationships and learn where are the development opportunities, how deals are being structured, and how innovations are leveraged in the current real estate environment.
The event will feature a keynote panel that will address the question “Development without Displacement: How Can LA Grow ‘UP’ without Pushing People Out?” Keynote Speakers include Hilda L. Solis. LA County Supervisor for the 1st District; Dr. Raphael Bostic, Bedrosian Chair in Governance and the Public Enterprise, Price School of Public Policy, USC; Alex Guerrero, Senior VP of External Affairs, Valley Economic Development Center (VEDC); Hasan Ikhrata, Executive Director, Southern California Association of Governments; Ken Lombard, President, MacFarlane Partners; and Mark Vallianatos, Director, LA Plus, Co-founder, Abundant Housing LA.
Following the keynote, participants can choose from among interactive roundtables on:
- Laying a Foundation - Shipping Containers as a Creative Solution for Housing
- New Multifamily Trend: “Co-Living” Apartments
- Evolution of LA's Small Lot Ordinance - Tighter Regulations and New Design Standards
- Show me the Money! - Quantifying the Benefits of Urban Design
- Trading Spaces in Development: Parking Demand and the Shared Economy
- Recipes for Real Estate Development: Placemaking & Jobs Through Culinary-Driven Projects
- Trips vs. Technology: Storefront Retail in a Digital World
- Retooling Land Use for Job Creation - The DTLA Community Plan Update
- La Plaza Cultura - Honoring the Past, Building for the Future
- Next Gen Econ Development - Using Tax Increment to Fund Private Projects
- Embracing the New Economy: Industrial Land Development without Jobs Displacement
- The Flower Mart Redux - Renovation and Resilience of a Local Economic Engine
- ROW DTLA - 100 Years of Change from Produce Center to Commercial Centerpiece
- The Measure M Effect: What to Expect from the Metro Rail Expansion
- It Takes a Village to Make One - Partnerships in Revitilization at USC
- Yes, In My Backyard! - Designing and Financing Accessory Dwelling Units
- Residents as City Builders - Opportunities for Small-scale and Cooperative Development
- The Center for Sustainable Communities - Multi-Tenant Adaptive Re-Use in Compton
- And more
Urbanize LA co-founder Chris Loos will also lead a roundtable discussion titled "We Need to Talk: Conversations about Development in Los Angeles."
For more information, visit http://la.uli.org/event/urban-marketplace-2017/.